Friday, June 5, 2009

Belem, Brasil

As someone who has never traveled outside of the United States, where I have grown up for the past 20 years, I have taken a step beyond my usual path. Belem, Brasil summoned me when I saw an offer for a study abroad global media course at Cal State Long Beach for environmental ad science journlalism. Not only did the Amazon strike my attention, but the special topic of the course had me e-mailing the professor that day to sign up--whether I had the money or not at the time, I knew I was going to Brasil. I am a physical anthropology major and journalism minor with the hopes to someday be a science journalist for a science magazine or newspaper science section. This blog will be a daily documentation of my stay here, from experiences to the what I am learning in the class and just my daily thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hits